Thursday, September 23, 2010

Movie Review: Sugar Hill



Okay, well when I first heard about this movie, I got an idea into my head that it would be sort of like Silent Hill. Not because it was based off of a kick ass video game or because it looked good, but because I thought that a town called Sugar Hill was more likely than a person called Sugar Hill. Unfortunately I was wrong about that. As a matter of fact, there was very little I was right about when it comes to this movie, and it was nothing like Silent Hill.






Although they both have characters with terrifying hair.











But now as to what I thought of the movie....
It actually wasn't so bad. I mean, the beginning was terrible but, other than that. It wasn't even sort of what I was expecting and parts of it (like the special effects.......) were terrible. But it was different. I mean, there was a little bit of character development, not as much as one would hope for but a lot more than one usually expects. Now, I am a firm believer that if (when) the zombie apocalypse occurs it will be the Max A. Brooks Solanum virus theory, that's actually extremely believable. However, I watch approximately 30 zombie movies a month about viruses, outbreaks, diseases, plagues...... this was a nice, lesser respected voodoo zombie movie. Sort of refreshing once you got past the terrible dialogue from the beginning.
So the plot, girl's fiancee dies, she uses her family's voodoo traditions to exact revenge on his murderers. Pretty cool. I would eve recommend this one........ maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment